Students. They’re the reason you do your job and the reason you go home cursing the day you decided to become a teacher.
While on the whole you love your students, there are a few of them (or entire classes) that you wish you could deal with better, don’t you?
Well here are 40 funny teachers who know exactly how to deal with their students to give you some much needed inspiration, and a heart belly laugh, all at the same time.
01. The Scientist Setting The Punishment Tone For The Year…
Cries of “If he did that to a wasp what happens if I forget my homework?” could be heard throughout the corridors for weeks.
02. …While The English Teacher Sets The Bar For Coolness
You either want this teacher badly, or you’re scared to death what he’s going to say at a parent teacher conference. Either way, he’s set himself up as the coolest teacher in the building.
03. When Beating Them At Their Own Game Is Much More Fun
You were never going to win a bad-joke battle with a 40 year old science teacher were you, kid?
04. Or, Outwitting Them In Two Different Languages
This also comes with the added bonus of legally speaking your mind to a child…
05. The Teacher Who Understands Important Life Lessons
Well, the only way up from here is to screen Pulp Fiction, surely.
06. The “Who’s Paying Attention This Year?” Test
It might not count to their end of year grade, but it will count towards showing how a student deals with life in the real world.
07. There’s A Benefit To Keeping Up To Date With Trends…
Name that song in the comments for extra credit.
08. Even If It’s Just To Humiliate Your Students
The ‘I love Hannah Montana’ range is also available, if you want to mix it up.
09. How To Engage Students And Influence People
Wouldn’t like to see his bill for new equipment at the end of the year, though.
10. The Art Of Creating An Interesting Parent Teacher Conference
There’s nothing like photographic evidence to get one-up on a student, is there?
11. A 6th Century Guide To Remembering Your Pen
I like to imagine he never left the house without a fully equipped pencil case ever again. Also, who just has a quill in their classroom? That’s commitment to the punchline right there.
12. Sometimes Shock Value Is All You Need
The educators way to save money – and trees – from buying tissues.
13. The Equal Rights Clowns
This teacher overheard a student saying, “I’m glad gays can’t get married, they scare me, like clowns”. This is currently my #1 favourite teacher-win of all time.
14. When Stand Up Comedy Meets Physics
This is one teacher who knew how to keep his students hanging on every word.
15. Sometimes You Just Have To Send A Subliminal Message
It’s a good job she wasn’t telling the story of Dick Whittington instead.
16. This Teacher Nails The Texting Issue
Or does he hammer it home? You decide…
17. The History Teacher That’ll Go Down In, Well…History
Because why stop teaching when they graduate? This lesson will be in their yearbook forever…
18. The Math Teacher Capturing Attention Until The Very End
Because who wants to finish the semester on an algebra problem?
19. When You Can’t Beat Them, Join Them
Scissor beats paper, rock beats scissor, red pen beats all…
21. Teachers By Day, Comedy Double Act By Night…
22. The Force Is Strong In This Teacher…
Makes you wonder how long the lesson took with all of the breathing issues?
23. While This One Is An Absolute Trooper
Okay, no more Star Wars puns, I promise.
24. The New Method For Correcting Grammar
Well, they do say visual information is processed quicker.
25. How To Handle A Heckler
I’d imagine he didn’t know Eminem based most of his raps on Dr. Seuss books. (That may be false).
26. What It Takes To Get Nominated For Teacher Of The Year
Do you have what it takes?
27. Could This Be More Accurate?
That’s one way to stop the awkward public displays of affection once and for all…
28. The Biology Teachers Who Went Next Level Geek
Also known as “How to make a yearbook you’ll never forget 101” by the other teachers in that school.
29. Even The Music Teachers Can Get In On The Act…
You can see the exact moment the students went, “You don’t mess with Mr Smith!”
30. The Teacher Who Sets The Bar High For Fancy Dress
31. The Dead Poets Society 2: The Yearbook Years
Because poetry lives on beyond the classroom.
32. When You Need To Give Students A Choice In Terms They Understand
You could always earn a little money on the side too. I won’t tell if you won’t!
33. How To Prove To Students You Have Skills Outside The Classroom
34. When Every Student Needs An Award
We’ll just ignore her little grammatical error for the sheer brilliance of the idea, shall we?
35. Getting Rid Of Phone Problems Once And For All
Let’s hope they get left on silent, or one might befall the fate of the next image…
36. The Best Background Photo Ever
The ultimate lesson in getting your students to keep their phones off in class.
37. When You Turn The Tables On Your Students
Maybe students will value the times when you’re actually there after this one.
38. Playing Games In Class? Might As Well Beat Them At Them…
I’d recommend being a slightly better winner though.
39. How To Demonstrate Alternate Uses For Things
Don’t let him on lunch duty, though. Can’t begin to imagine what he’d do with the apple slices.
40. Finally, The Genius Fundraising Technique
$1 for a piece of tape? Even the faculty can enjoy this one…
What’s Your Favourite Story?
Got a story, picture or video of funny teachers that deserves to be on this list? Let us know in the comments!
Latest posts by James Johnson (see all)
- How to Build and Manage the Best Yearbook Committee - October 11, 2016
- 30 Homework Excuses You Should Expect From Your Students This Year - August 25, 2016
- 40 Funny Teachers Who Know How To Use Humor… And Get The Last Laugh! - August 8, 2016