Teaching is a way of life few people understand, isn’t it?
Your friends, your partner and your family just never seem to quite get it when you tell them about your problems. But, luckily for you, we know exactly what you’re talking about.
In this article are 50 funny teacher memes that capture your life as a teacher perfectly. Because, well, if you didn’t laugh you’d cry, right?
01. When you’re asked a question you don’t know the answer to…
“But, Sir, what’s that got to do with Shakespeare?”
02. When you had plans to go home but you find out about another meeting
So much for that ‘social life’ thing you were going to try.
03. The real reason you have to get up so early in the morning.
Coffee should probably be tax free for teachers, right?
05. This million dollar questions (and business idea)…
The kind that comes in a bottle. Or a box. Or a glass. Or, you know, as long as it’s wet.
06. The political view that bonds you with every other teacher on earth.
Please, tell me more about that time you observed a Geography class in 1996.
07. Going through any means necessary to not teach that class at 2pm on a Friday.
Kids are like T-Rex’s, if you don’t move, they can’t see you, right?
08. This blueprint for your next Resume update.
…while you’re in the middle of a drought and all the entire Fire Service is on strike.
09. When you’ve read too many essays in Comic Sans…
Wingdings need not apply.
10. …and they’re always the ones that come in late.
If only the shredder came with a silencer.
11. But, at least those late assignments and terrible fonts can keep you hydrated.
And for dinner? Hopes and dreams of course!
12. When you hear something inappropriate but you try to stay professional.
It’s always from the ones you don’t like, too.
13. That day you realise you definitely have seen it all
Every horror film becomes a comedy after the third year on the job.
14. What you’re secretly thinking every time you speak to a parent
Ahh, being a smart-ass is a genetic trait. Go figure.
15. And what you think whenever you see a fresh faced teacher straight out of college
Welcome to paradise, Steven.
16. You always have to remember to savour the small victories in your day though, like this…
The gift that keeps on giving.
17. And this…
The once a calendar year treat.
18. And, if all else fails, this…
Honestly, some days I’m just glad I survived.
19. When you’re just trying to live a normal life outside school
No, Jessica, you don’t get extra credit for helping me choose the best cereal.
20. Trying to explain to a student what it’s really like to be a teacher
…and the computer is on fire.
21. The answer you’ve been dying to give to the students that miss a day
Yay, extra homework for you.
22. The feeling of finally getting some Job Satisfaction…
I’m going to take my time with this one, because the next one is definitely a D+ at best.
23. …just to have it stripped away moments later
“Oh, hey…I wasn’t expecting you.”
24. Having a child so frustrating it haunts you for years…
You’d rather teach Damien than ever go near that child again.
25. …then finding out they have a version 2.0 on the way
“I wonder if schools in China are still hiring?”
26. Knowing that, sometimes, you’re just fighting a losing battle
Well, there goes 45 minutes…
27. The reality of telling a joke in the classroom
Just because it worked at the copy machine doesn’t mean it’ll work in the classroom.
28. When you realise you can’t unsee that note you just found
Wait…can the human body even do that?
29. Never being able to really switch off from work
Your partner’s pens and pencils are all in pots too, aren’t they?
30. When you actually get into a conversation you enjoy at the copy machine
“We’ll have to continue this discussion about Game of Thrones tomorrow, Janice”
31. Being thrust into an environment full of sickness carrying children, but never being able to take a sick day
God forbid you ever lose a leg.
32. You always know what the first question is going to be straight after you’ve given directions…
What were you even doing for the last five minutes, Jeremy?
33. …and the perfect way to deal with it
If all else fails, you could definitely take up acting. Scripts are your thing.
34. But, you know what you’d really like to say
It’s literally written in a big bold font in front of you. You just have to read for, like, two seconds…
35. Wishing you’d thought of this idea first
Think this will work with the book Of Mice And Men as well?
36. Getting a horrible insight into the world of the future
“Is that a dagger I see before me?”
“LOL, yeah m8, what u gonna do?”
37. Finally getting one up on a smart-ass kid
Or a really great new storage space.
38. Opening your paycheque at the end of each month
Not even Mark Zuckerberg works this much.
39. When you’ve just printed your 700th hallway pass
I bet she was really annoyed after putting in all that effort and it got lost anyway.
40. Wondering where your social life went, and then remembering this…
“What do you mean there are two 10 o’clocks in the day?!”
41. And, when you do make plans, you have to account for time to deal with what you’ve built up over the day
At least there’s no gum in your hair today…
42. Because, let’s be honest, it’s rare you get through a day without something like that happening
Coffee, why do that to me? I love you!
43. Having no idea how this happens to your hands every single day
“Did a pen explode? I don’t remember a pen exploding.”
44. When you need to be brutally honest with those kids that are away with the fairies
Shortly followed by, “The bell is for me, not for you!”
45. The dream of, just once, turning your class into a sociological experiment
This isn’t illegal, right?
46. Thinking up imaginative ways to set the tone for the rest of the year
At least it’s not lions…
47. Dealing with this kid almost every day
You just heard me tell him not to do that with the spoon. Oh, and now you’re crying. Even better.
48. The most important thing in your life after coffee and carbohydrates…
Laminate is life. Life is laminate.
49. When students forget you do have power over some aspects of their life
You don’t get a recess, so why should they?
50. Remembering when someone talked you into becoming a teacher
“I know my self respect is in here somewhere”
Any other hilarious teacher memes to share? Feel free to leave a comment!
Latest posts by James Johnson (see all)
- 40 Brilliant, Cheap and Easy Classroom Decoration Ideas - November 15, 2016
- How to Build and Manage the Best Yearbook Committee - October 11, 2016
- 30 Homework Excuses You Should Expect From Your Students This Year - August 24, 2016