Come work with us!
Our team is tight, with no big egos, and welcomes self-driven human beings to come and join in on the adventure. What about you?
There is currently 1 open position(s).
> Full Stack Engineer – Sydney, Australia.
Fusion Yearbooks is the most powerful way for students and teachers to create and print yearbooks online. Already helping 500+ schools in Australia, we recently launched in New-Zealand, Europe and we are on our way to invade the very promising US market.
Building the next online publishing platform
Founded by the same persons as Canva (known as one of the world’s fastest growing startups), Fusion Yearbooks is collaborative software covering a lot of engineering challenges.
Here is the scenario: multiple users interacting to produce a very large piece of content that requires robust handling. Depending on their privileges, the users can collect content, design and customise pages, affect tasks to other users and set up deadlines, or even review everyone’s work and generate a print-ready PDF before approving it to print.
In other words: imagine a complete photobook software that would integrate advanced collaborative features as well as Canva’s API for the design part. Well, this is what Fusion Yearbooks does.
Working with a great team
The team is tight, with no big egos, and welcomes self-driven human beings to come and join in on the adventure. While having healthy (and tasty!) lunches, you’ll get to discover a bit of Irish, French, Spanish, Swedish, Chinese, Filipino and even Russian sense of humour. As anyone in our small team, your ideas will always be heard – from the short-term projects to the big picture of Fusion Yearbooks. This is how we started – this is how we’ll keep on doing things.
Perks and Benefits
> Freedom to design and build the next technology platform
> Access to the most appropriate tools
> Proximity to Canva engineers when needed (literally a few steps away)
> Comfy and modern office located at the heart of Surry Hills
> Lunch provided
> Participation to tech events, hackathons, etc.
– Work directly with the team and founders to build a web application using the latest web technologies with a focus on an exceptional client-side experience
– While efficiency and reusability are desirable characteristics, you’ll consider maintainability and robustness as your top priorities.
– Identify and address performance bottlenecks
– Participate in design and code reviews
– Communicate with other team members to determine the best solutions to difficult problems
– Identify and communicate best practices for front end engineering
– Build features end to end
– Take ownership and full responsibility of the entire production and dev environment.
What we’re looking for:
– Comfortable working with a wide range of tools
– Strong Computer Science/Software Engineering background
– A generalist, who has experience across the full stack
– Excellent problem solving skills, with a creative and analytic mind
– Knowledge of the web stack, networks, and Unix administration
– You love to learn and easily pick up new skills
A- WS infrastructure
– Search infrastructure (Lucene/Solr, ElasticSearch)
– Image analysis and computer vision
– Horizontal scaling, Heroku, MapReduce
– Both SQL and NoSQL stores
Compensation based on experience.